Novel Title : Murtad
Author : Hasrul Rizwan
Publisher : FIXI (2012)
Price : RM 19.90
Page : 323
Synopsis on the back of book :
Adam terus menekan punat pada briefcase hitam lalu dibukanya perlahan-lahan. Adam terbelalak. Akhil terlopong. Masing-masing berganjak ke belakang.Dua pucuk pistol automatik berkilatan hitam, sekeping envelop, kunci kereta dan juga sejumlah wang tersedia di dalam beg yang terpelahang buka. Adam menutup kembali beg itu. Matanya terpejam rapat. Akhil menelan air liur.
“Kerja gila apa sebenaqnya ni… haaa??” Akhil bertanya keras.
“Ini adalah kerja untuk agamamu. Benar. Seperti yang kamu fikir dan apa yang kamu lihat sekarang.”
“Hang nak suruh kami buat apa? Bunuh orang?”
“Ya”
“Nakharrom.”
“Kamu akan diberi tugas untuk membunuh orang-orang yang MURTAD.”
My review :
For the first time in my life, I can feel the maximum feeling of sensation from my reading. I can feel the differences between other Malay novels when I first look at the front cover and its synopsis on the back of the book. This novel tells about the existence of a twin, Adam and Akhil which travel to Kuala Lumpur from Kedah to find a job. Adam and Akhil. The author portrayed Adam and Akhil as a tall and slender man, have a similarities in appearance, height, body shape and hair fashion. I noticed that too, maybe because of the name and they are in the same style, the author sometimes confused when Adam became Akhil, Akhil be Adam. But I do not care to much, it's a small offense to me, since I'm confused too. Haha.
According to its title, of course it have something to do with apostasy. Yes, it is. Adam and Akhil has been offered by "somebody" a job to kill apostates in Malaysia. Is not as easy as killing. First, that "somebody" will going to da'wah all of those apostates. After the 6th session of da'wah, if the apostate do not accept the truth, the "somebody" will send Adam and Akhil to demolish them. The author using "Utara" slang as the language of Adam and Akhil while communicating. I can feel the real situation occurred, while decode the slang that not really familiars with me.
The conflicts start when Akhil fall in love with Zulaikha, Pak Razak's daughter and Adam fall in love with Maria, Ghous's daughter. Pak Razak is one of the Ghous's debters, meanwhile Ghous is one of the apostates.
Need more information ? I think you should buy the novel, and trust me, it is RM 19.90 and it really worth your pennies. I'm sorry, I sucked up on giving a review. Haha, and my grammar sucks too -.-

No comments:
Post a Comment