Novel Title : Kelabu
Author : Nadia Khan
Publisher : FIXI (2012)
Price : RM 24.90
Page : 456
Synopsis on the back of the book :
Senang kalau hidup dalam dunia hitam putih. Baik-buruk,
betul-salah, cinta-benci…lelaki-perempuan.
Apa jadi pada yang di tengah-tengah? Apa jadi pada
orang-orang macam aku?
Bila Jun datang pada aku, menawarkan posisi sebagai
‘boyfriend kontrak’, aku tak tolak. Salah aku ke kalau aku kata “ya” pada awek
cun? Salah aku ke kalau aku lagi pandai layan dia daripada boyfriend dia
sendiri?
Salah aku ke kalau aku jatuh cinta pada dia?
Aku Amir. Jemputlah masuk ke dunia aku, di mana hitam dan
putihnya tak berapa jelas. Mungkin hanya lepas tu, korang akan faham macamana
rasanya berada di dunia aku. Dunia KELABU..
My review :
This is the second time I’m doing a review. So, don't expect
too much for that. I took around a week to finish this book, it is really a
long time because I don’t really have much time to concentrate on reading this
book.
The main reason why I bought this book is the cover. It’s
beautiful, right? Then, I find the book is interesting from the synopsis.
Publisher? Buku FIXI. So without so much hesitation, I bought this book.
The main interesting features in this book are the issues and
conflicts that the author tries to cater to its reader. Maybe because of sensitivity
or what, I don't know.
For the first time, this book has failing me to predict the
ending of the story. Even the plot, climax, everything! There are the reasons
why this novel named Kelabu. Seriously.
The way of writing in this novel is also good, especially
the dialog. I can assume that the writer was a young lady because she is really
good at using the latest slanga. Arrangement of the words is very simple, so
that people can easily understand the storyline. She isn’t really into metaphore,
the words used is the actual speech we used in our daily life.
Guess what, I've been tricked!! The one thing that I love
when reading is that I can create my own image of how the character is. But in
Kelabu, once I've drawn the image in my mind, I found out that it is exactly
the OPPOSITE of what I thought. I'm surprised!!
Well, this book was really good. Must have. Kudos to Nadia
Khan

No comments:
Post a Comment